Fresh and tangy grilled shrimp salad is perfect for summer or anytime! Jicama is root vegetable which is low in calories and high in fiber & vitamin C. It's refreshing, crisp, and can be eaten raw, like in this salad!
- Jumbo shrimp (12 oz)
- 1 jicama
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Few pinches red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Toss raw shrimp with 1 tbsp. olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper then grill until cooked.
- Cut jicama, cucumber and bell pepper into thin matchstick like pieces.
- Chop onion and cilantro and put everything in a bowl.
- Add dressing and gently toss all ingredients together.
- Serve grilled shrimp over salad either room temperature or chilled.